Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers.
(06-20-2015, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how the same people who claim the supporting cast does not matter were the same ones saying that the only reason dalton was so good in '13 was because he had the best receivers in the league.

Good QBs need good receivers.  Favre wanted out of Green Bay because they would not re-sign his top receivers.  In 2013 Brady was a below average QB when Gronk was out with injury.  

People who don't understand how a QB needs receivers just does not understand how the NFL works.

The quality of the team matters a lot. But the Bengals have provided Dalton with a better supporting cast than most QBs get.

He's got a very good OL, certainly a top 5 line.

He's got a pretty good running game, top 10 easily.

He's got AJ Green as a #1 and believe me you can do much worse.

He's got RBs who are good receivers. Hill, Bernard and Burkhead are all good at catching the ball out of the backfield.

Sanu is a good slot guy and unfortunately he had to fill the #1 spot for a few games.

Gresham played decently last year. He'll never be a Rob Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham.

What Dalton doesn't have is a top notch coaching staff and he doesn't have good #4, 5 or 6 receivers. How Tate remains with this team baffles me. And I swear the Bengals used a Weegie board when deciding to sign Little.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Andy is doing to cut down turnovers. - BengalChris - 06-21-2015, 11:49 AM