Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL eliminates Munchaks fine, admits they were wrong
(03-14-2016, 02:59 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Nope.  

I'll be surprised if they rescind Porter's fine, but this one didn't surprise me.  First of all, Munchak has zero history with such things.  It's waaaay out of character for him to do something like that intentionally.  And if you watch the video again, you'll see that another coach had already fallen down right behind Munchak, something I think he was aware of because the fallen guy's foot touched his leg, and may have kicked it out from under him. It's hard to tell from that angle, but I think Munchak may have only been on one foot when he grabbed the arm.  

Anything is possible when it comes to that game, so I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility that he did it on purpose, but I do think it's likely that he was just trying to keep his balance and not fall on top of that other guy, or maybe to steer Nelson away from stepping on him.  

[Image: nelson-munchak-wide.0.gif]

Gotta say that from THAT angle it looks like a little of both.  They bumped into each other and Coach tried to stop a harder collision and then kind of tried to pull him away from going at #30 while keeping his balance.

I still think the hair pull was accidental and it is much ado about nothing but I understand why the flag was thrown.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL eliminates Munchaks fine, admits they were wrong - GMDino - 03-14-2016, 03:02 PM