Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Bill allowing Bible literacy classes in public schools
(03-14-2016, 05:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It will become a problem when someone requests a similar class discussing the Qur'an, Vedas, or what have you. The second that happens and is tossed aside there will be a lawsuit waiting on the other end.

I'm fine with classes like these, as long as we take an all or none approach.

If there is enough interest, then I could see it being a problem, but I don't think that there would be enough interest.

I don't see any problem with this if they're teaching it as historical connotation and not as religious connotation.  

They're not saying "this is true," but rather "this is what it says."

To anyone that has a problem with this, let me ask you this one question:  Do you have a problem with the Crusades being taught in public schools?  More specifically, do you have a problem with teaching kids that the reason the Muslims wanted the city?  Wouldn't teaching that Muslims believe that Jerusalem is where Muhammed ascended into Heaven be violating the separation of Church and state in the same way that teaching the Bible would be violating the separation?

What's the difference?

Messages In This Thread
RE: KY Bill allowing Bible literacy classes in public schools - BFritz21 - 03-14-2016, 10:28 PM