Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two WR free agents who can help this team.
So ive been going around shooting down comments from people on big name receivers who get a thread because of their name rather than what they can bring to our team. Instead of playing the negative nelly I'm going to list a couple guys who would not only serve as replacements but maybe improve our squad.

1. Anquan Boldin - I have never given him quite the credit he deserves, but this guy is truly a marvel in a league where most receivers are done by 30. His tough style of play and previous experience in the North make this guy my number 1 option in Free agency for upgrading our team. He can actually serve as a veteran presence that Green has never benefited from and he performance has yet to take a large decline. He is a role player who can act as a #2 or #3 guy and gives us the playoff experience we so desperately need.

2. Mike Wallace - Ok guys I can already hear the naysayers piling in on this pick, but I just want to say one thing up front. This guy is not a number 1 receiver and a lot of his decline is because of the systems and doesn't necessarily make him a bad player. He has success in the North and would be a great number 2 behind green offering that speed and experience. If you can get him at a good price he could easily be an upgrade to Marvin Jones.

Pair these two guys together with our squad and your going to have an absolute nightmare for defenses. The price tags on both of them are probably way more than the bengals are willing to pay, but wallace may have to take a huge paycut after a couple of down seasons. If you can get boldin for 5.5 and Wallace for around 7 then it would make sense to sign them.

Lastly another cheap option would be Colston who may be a cheap #3 guy. His huge fall off last season scares me however, but for the price I think they should work him out.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Two WR free agents who can help this team. - Okeana - 03-15-2016, 02:03 PM