Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Bill allowing Bible literacy classes in public schools
(03-15-2016, 02:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Given the history of the country at the time the Constitution was written do you think they had aspecific religion in mind when they wrote #1?

I actually think the founding fathers were educated men who were absolutely aware of other religions like Islam and Judaism.  And I think they intended ALL religions to be protected by the First Amendment.

It seems a bit absurd to argue that a man as well educated as James Adams did not know about other religions and used the word "religion" to mean ONLY Christianity.

(03-15-2016, 02:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You say you can't argue it because the Constitution didn't say it (remember you saying a "came stong with it"? When shown how hypocritical that line of thinking was it quickly turned to what they meant.

I can not understand the meaning of this gibberish.  I have never mentioned anything that is not clearly stated in the Constitution.  "Religion" means "religion", and that is exactly what is written in the Constitution.  What have I claimed that is not clearly written in the Constitution?

Messages In This Thread
RE: KY Bill allowing Bible literacy classes in public schools - fredtoast - 03-15-2016, 02:14 PM