Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KY Bill allowing Bible literacy classes in public schools
(03-15-2016, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I actually think the founding fathers were educated men who were absolutely aware of other religions like Islam and Judaism.  And I think they intended ALL religions to be protected by the First Amendment.

It seems a bit absurd to argue that a man as well educated as James Adams did not know about other religions and used the word "religion" to mean ONLY Christianity.

I can not understand the meaning of this gibberish.  I have never mentioned anything that is not clearly stated in the Constitution.  "Religion" means "religion", and that is exactly what is written in the Constitution.  What have I claimed that is not clearly written in the Constitution?
Where did I state the fore-fathers did not recognize there were other religions in the world? The were establishing the building blocks for THIS country and it can be assumed that they were talking about the religion of this country. Your only counter is they did not specify which religion. of course they meant any religion, however; when taking about the building blocks of this nation I assume them to mean the religion of this nation.

Seperation of Church and State is not "clearly written" in the Consitution either.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: KY Bill allowing Bible literacy classes in public schools - bfine32 - 03-15-2016, 02:22 PM