Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN NORTH FREE AGENCY RATING 1st WEEK
Cleveland Browns F
They cut away some of the useless fat on the roster like Bowe and Manziel and are looking to get younger, but they haven't signed anybody of note and they let go of several guys that would have and have been key members of the teams core so their FA period has been absolutely horrible. And its not like those guys got massive contracts either. And in some cases it felt like they didn't even try to keep these guys.

Offseason Moves:
Browns sign S Rahim Moore
Could be an okay signing. Hasn't played well since his major injury, but could bounce back.

Browns cut WR Dwayne Bowe
Good cut, he was complete garbage after signing a decent contract last year. He was an okay receiver at points what the hell happened to him.

Browns cut ILB Karlos Dansby
I mean he is aging and they aren't contending, but unless he asked to be cut I would rather keep a guy on my roster if there wasn't someone better on hand.

Browns sign ILB Demario Davis
Actually I don't know anything here so no comments really.

Browns waive QB Johnny Manziel
About time. I knew this idiot was going to bust hard. To be honest though the little bit of time he actually got to play he seemed like he could be a potential starting QB in the NFL. I seriously doubt we will never know because he's a damn selfish piece of crap that doesn't deserve to be in the league.

Browns re-sign ILB Tank Carder
I don't remember this guy doing much of anything lately I guess it's a whatever depth signing.

Browns cut DT Randy Starks
Getting older and hasn't played well for some seasons so it's understandable to let a player like that out.

Browns cut TE Jim Dray
Nothing special here imo.

Major losses:
Alex Mack C: Signed with Falcons (5 years)
I mean maybe he didn't want to come back and you can't help that, but with all the other moves they weren't making had to of made his decision easier. One of the league's top Centers. Well worth the money he got elsewhere.

Tashaun Gipson S: Signed with Jaguars
A good Safety. They used to have the pieces of a really good defense though a lot of those guys are gone now. It seems like the Browns lose a good safety every offseason for some reason to me.

Mitchell Schwartz OT: Signed with Chiefs (5 years, $33 million)
They needed a RT when they drafted Schwartz and he turns out to be really good, but then they let him go opening up the same weakness after getting him out of the draft? I mean it's not like cost an insane amount of money/

Travis Benjamin WR: Signed with Chargers
A weak WR FA pool and they could have brought back one of their few pleasant surprises on offense last year.

It also doesn't help that they probably would have had a good chance at getting Colin Kaepernick on the roster until they didn't keep their good players or add any others.

Well I was gonna do all 4 teams but I got tired from writing this one and I don't want to just waste it all so I guess this is all you get XD
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFCN NORTH FREE AGENCY RATING 1st WEEK - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-16-2016, 10:55 PM