Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karlos Dansby: time to go get a ring, the Bengals must be licking their chops
Quote:Here are some quick highlights from the 14-year pro:

• "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops,'' he said. [Probably not as much as he's hoping.]

• He said the Browns called him this morning to tell he was being released.

• "I appreciated it because it gives me a chance to win. There a lot of teams that are close and I can help them.''

• "The Browns are in a rebuild,'' [That's the story there every year. That was the story when he signed with them two years ago.] he said. "This gets me closer to my destiny.''

• He said he has four or five years left "because I take care of my body." [LB at 39 or 40? Check this boy out for a concussion.]

• He said his only regret is that they didn't do it two months ago so he could catch on with someone right away. "But there still a lot of teams that need my services.''

• He said he believes other 30-year-old or older Browns will be released. "I told Donte Whitner 'you have to be ready for anything.' ''

• He said he believes receiver Dwayne Bowe, 31, will be released soon. [That turned out to be true.]

• He said he believes "the future is bright'' for third-year cornerback Justin Gilbert and that he felt he started to turn the corner last year.

• He said Johnny Manziel remains a friend and he still believes Manziel can be successful in the NFL. [Hahahahahahahahahhahahhahaha]

• "This is an opportunity to go play for a Super Bowl contender,'' [A not so subtle message that he'll take less money from a contender and since he mentioned the Bengals by name he thinks of the Bengals as a contender.] said Dansby. "I'm excited. I'm getting goosebumps.''

• He said he never viewed Cleveland as place to go and get out as fast as possible: "I wanted to try to do something there that no one had done.''
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Karlos Dansby: time to go get a ring, the Bengals must be licking their chops - BengalChris - 03-17-2016, 02:36 AM