Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN NORTH FREE AGENCY RATING 1st WEEK
Pittsburgh Steelers B-
They lost some good guys like Miller and Beachum, but replaced them already in free agency. I really love the Green pickup and they resigned most of their better free agents. If they got Boykin back they'd be doing real good.

Offseason Moves:
Steelers sign OT Ryan Harris
A decent signing as a low low end replacement for Beachum. Maybe they weren't thrilled at the prospect of Beachum coming back off injury. I also heard they really want Russell Okung, but he asked for too much.

Steelers sign TE Ladarius Green
I actually love this move. I think the Chargers would have wanted him back, but got the deal with Gates done out of loyalty and getting him to finish his career in San Diego. I honestly think Green got offended and left to go somewhere where he could actually be #1 because the Chargers have kept the timeless Gates in front of him every year (surprisingly Gates has still been really good). Oh and by love this movie I just mean its good for Pitt I'd grade it as an A.

Steelers re-sign G Ramon Foster
Foster's a really good lineman and while they've gotten better the last few years the Steelers need to keep as many of their good linemen as possible.

Steelers re-sign CB William Gay
I'm glad the resigned him just because of his name. Besides that he's been one of their better cornerbacks these past years.

Steelers re-sign WR Darrius Heyward-Bey
Eh I mean he knows the system and their #2 is suspended, but I think they could have improved on Heyward-Bey.

Steelers re-sign S Robert Golden
Seems like a decent enough signing I don't know a ton about Golden, but at worst he seems like a good backup.

Steelers announce retirement of TE Heath Miller
This sucks for them. Miller's always been a real reliable underrated TE. They did go out and get a talented replacement though.

Kelvin Beachum OT: Signed with the Jaguars
He injured his knee I know, but I don't see why they wouldn't want to keep the better part of their offensive line on the team.

Brandon Boykin CB: Unsigned
Maybe he's not as good as he seems, but he's a baller when on the field but Philly got rid of him and now Pittsburgh doesn't apparently want him either.

Steve McLendon NT: Signed with the Jets
I think they could improve over Steve, but they definitely losing some D-line depth without McClendon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFCN NORTH FREE AGENCY RATING 1st WEEK - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-17-2016, 03:08 AM