Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFCN NORTH FREE AGENCY RATING 1st WEEK
Baltimore Ravens B-
Biggest thing for me is losing Osemele. Otherwise they cut Hill, but brought in good solid vets like Wallace, Weddle, and Watson. Jesus they're gonna need all those W's to counter all the L's they'll probably be getting this season.

Offseason Moves:
Ravens sign WR Mike Wallace
I mean this is a decent veteran WR signing. He's familiar with our division and he should add some speed to the WR corps. As bad as I consider Flacco he's the best QB Wallace will have had since Big Ben. I think this is good insurance if Steve Smith can't make it back from his achilles injury.

Ravens sign S Eric Weddle
Great signing. It's an A+ for the Ravens organization, but an F for Weddle. He said he wanted to play for a competitor, but I don't think Baltimore will be competing at least not this season. I guess they must have laid a really good plan out for him plus they've proven in the past they can build a good roster they just gotta work around that Flacco contract.

Ravens sign TE Ben Watson
I don't know what to think. Watson has always been a good TE, I just think at some points he wasn't used to his fullest potential. At the same time he's 36 so he's got to drop off sometime soon. I'm gonna think of this as a good move meant to have a talented veteran receiving TE to mentor Maxx Williams.

Ravens re-sign CB Shareece Wright (3 years, $16 million
A little overpaid I think, but the Ravens have always valued Cornerbacks that come in and play good for them.

Ravens cut ILB Daryl Smith
He's been pretty bad and his at the end of his leash at 34. No issues trimming out older less productive veterans to get some youth on the team.

Ravens re-sign OLB Albert McClellan
They brought him back, but not Upshaw yet? Maybe that kid wants too much money or something.

Ravens cut S Will Hill
I know they got Eric Weddle and Hill's serving a 10 game suspension, but I hate the idea of a team letting go of a talented young player.

Ravens franchise K Justin Tucker
They have to keep Tucker who's one of the top 5 NFL kickers for sure. Maybe they should have franchised Osemele if they didn't want to lose him, but at least they won't have to worry about the kicking game this coming year.

Ravens tender WR Kamar Aiken (2nd)
He did pretty good as the last man standing with the 2nd string QB throwing at him towards the end of the year. Giving him a solid tender lets them figure out what's going on with Perriman who we know nothing about his ability to play, Wallace and aging vet, and Smith an even more aged vet coming off a major injury.

Kelechi Osemele G/OT: Signed with Raiders (5 years, $58.5 million)
This is their biggest loss and it's at one of their more weaker positions on the roster. Idk what they want to do with Monroe. I don't know if I can really blame the FO as I don't know their cap position which seems to be on the weaker end so it's hard to give out $10 million+ contracts, but this is going to really hurt them this upcoming season I think.

Courtney Upshaw OLB: Unsigned
Maybe not the most productive and consistent guy, but barring him wanting too much money I'd keep his youth on the roster and have him compete for playing time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AFCN NORTH FREE AGENCY RATING 1st WEEK - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 03-17-2016, 12:57 PM