Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Kasich's Religion is Hurting Him
This was a very interesting article that came up on reddit for me and I thought I would share.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/john-kasich-2016-religion-213735?paginate=false

Quote:The Republican nomination can sometimes seem like a contest to see which candidate is most religious. Ted Cruz touts his born-again faith, and he recalls how he “surrendered his heart to Jesus” as an 8-year-old at summer camp. Marco Rubio, who has at different times embraced Catholicism, Mormonism and evangelicalism, says his faith is the “single greatest influence in my life.” Donald Trump, by all appearances, has never attended church regularly and claims that he has never even asked God for forgiveness, but he nonetheless speaks about American Christians as though they’re a persecuted minority and has earned the widespread support of evangelicals.

There’s good reason to believe, however, that the most religiously driven candidate of all is a man who is remarkably un-theatrical about his beliefs—who even vows, “I don’t go out and try to win a vote by using God. I think that cheapens God.” That would be John Kasich.

The article goes on from there. I know some on here may know about this seeing as there are a lot of Ohioans about, and I'm not sitting here saying I agree with Kasich's faith positions (my denomination would be more in line with the Episcopal Church from which his denomination split, ELCA and Episcopalians are buddies) or his use of them in government, but it's just an interesting article about the man clinging on still in a fight against two giants in the GOP.

Messages In This Thread
How Kasich's Religion is Hurting Him - Belsnickel - 03-18-2016, 09:50 AM