Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along
(03-18-2016, 12:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The problem is that you can not believe what he says or have any idea what he is going to do.  His entire life he has bragged about how he has lied and manipulated people to do what he wants just for his own financial gain.  So why would anyone think he would do anything different when he is president?

He's been pretty consistent on the limited policy objectives he's given.  He also makes outrageous statements, I think specifically to get media attention, and then later retracts of softens them.  I read that Trump has received over 2 billion dollars worth of free media coverage.  His claim to limit freedom of the press and weaken libel laws was pure troll bait that the media swallowed whole.

Quote:People who trust Trump are like the rube in that fable.

This is where you go off the rails on this issue.  You have constantly referred to Trump supporters as rubes, people of limited intellect or gullible.  The truth is his support spans the economic and educational spectrum.  While the largest group of supporters are low income workers they are by no means the majority.  Trumps rise is such an obvious push back to the legions of PC Principals that inhabit our society now that sociologists will have a field day with this time in history.  It's not fear, it's not anger, although both are certainly present, it's mostly annoyance with how far the pendulum has swung.

(03-18-2016, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Pretty much, although I doubt it had much to do with conviction.  The only thing we can guarantee about a Trump Presidency is he will leave office with a lot more money than he came in with.  

True, but that's also true of pretty much every elected official at the federal level.  What people should find interesting is how frantic the GOP elite are to stop Trump.  They're so desperate to protect their corrupt establishment that they're throwing their weight behind Ted effing Cruz.  Cruz is about as nightmarish a candidate for POTUS as has ever existed.  I'm going to vomit typing this but I'd take Rick Santorum over Cruz because I don't think Santorum is a malevolent person.  Personally I'm enjoying every second of the GOP elite's pants shitting party.  They're so deathly afraid of losing power they're willing to sell their soul to the devil.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-18-2016, 02:20 PM