Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misleading information about charitable organizations
(06-22-2015, 08:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This doesn't negate that oftentimes finding a local charity is a safer bet than the big names. For instance, even as good as Salvation Army is when compared to others, we have a couple of other thrift stores here that are for charitable organizations that are local only. One here does pretty much the same thing that SA does but because they are not helping to support an international organization even more of the proceeds go to their efforts to clothe, house, and feed the needy in the area.

There is no sure fire way to pick a good charity and there are pros and cons any way you look at it. I give to a combination of local, regional, national, and international organizations that I think the work they do is important work. But most of the resources I provide in this manner are focused on the local because I know how much further that dollar can go with them.

I never claimed it negated anything. I just stated proceeds are used locally for people within your community.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Misleading information about charitable organizations - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-22-2015, 10:15 AM