Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it time to move on from Dalton
(03-19-2016, 01:53 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: [quote pid='195206' dateline='1458401930']

The Bengals only going to the playoffs twice in 20 years and then drafting Dalton and started going every year doesn't mean anything, right? Especially when his first year here the Bengals lost their best two receivers and had a new OC that never had any experience in the NFL, and didn't have a training camp. Yep, Dalton must be a bum.

I'm not saying Dalton is a bum. I am saying he is not much more than average, and to date has been mostly the opposite of clutch. And no, I don't buy that the Bengals recent run of playoff appearances are the direct result of the greatness of Andy Dalton. This is the same guy who was booed in his own teams city less than a year ago, because of his performances in meaningful games. He had his best season to date last year, but in my opinion he hasn't earned a seat on a pedestal as of yet.
[/quote]

They booed Ken Anderson also. I guess that means he was an average QB too. I would like to know which player you think shows up in meaningful games.
[/quote]

Unfortunately not many Bengals have fit that bill lately. If you want a name I give you Tom Brady. Now I understand that not everyone can be Tom Brady, so lets set the bar for our starting QB at somewhere above being a disaster in a playoff game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it time to move on from Dalton - 'E' - 03-19-2016, 02:25 PM