Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it time to move on from Dalton
(03-20-2016, 11:48 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Only 3.  Carson, Andy, and AJ.  Kitna came in after Carson went down.

Thanks, I had no idea.  Whatever

Kitna threw 40+ times in that game, whether he "started" or not. The point is that 4 QBs have played and 4 QBs looked terrible.

I agree though that Hill and others played a bigger role than McCarron in scoring a whopping 16 points against that terrible Steelers D.

(03-20-2016, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all, I know what is going on with the quote function.  it is having problems with the screen name 'E'.

Second of all I don't see ahuge difference in Dalton and Mccarron in the playoffs.  Two of Dalton's playoff games have been against top 3 pass defenses ('11 and '12) and in another one he had no healthy receivers.  McCarron played his one games against the 28th ranked pass defense with all his receiver healthy. Still the numbers are not that different.

Dalton...........218 yards yards per game, 58 rating
McCarron.......212 yards yards per game, 68 rating

Yeah, no matter what I did with my post, it just wouldn't quote him properly.

And thanks for posting the stats, although I have little doubt it will do nothing to deter the Dalton hating Mac lovers.

If Dalton played the exact same game against the Steelers, the same people would be ripping him for 3 fumbles, the pick and the terrible passer rating. They'd be saying that his teammates carried him in the 4th and if he hadn't been so terrible for 3+ quarters, we would've won. He wasted a great effort by the defense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it time to move on from Dalton - Shake n Blake - 03-20-2016, 01:41 PM