Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it time to move on from Dalton
(03-20-2016, 01:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [quote pid='195504' dateline='1458488575']

In Dalton's 4 playoff starts the Bengals have scored :

2011 - 10 pts
2012 - 13 pts
2013 - 10 pts
2014 - 10 pts

I would argue that the Bengals had a realistic chance to win in 2 of those games going into the fourth quarter....2012 down 16 - 10 after 3 quarters and 2013 down 17 - 10 after 3 quarters.

Andy's career playoff stats : 88 - 158 for 873 yds, 1 TD, 6 INT, good for a  57.8 rating and a 55.7 completion %.....Not nearly enough good passes to be found there.

[/quote]
How about that game AD crapped himself against that vaunted 2013 Chargers 29th ranked pass D ?  Ninja

I'm starting to believe you leave stuff out of these debates because you're legitimately insane. You clearly have an agenda.

I will take AJ McCarron's resume with 4 total starts, 2 of which were down to the wire against the Superbowl Champion Broncos and their excellent D at Denver on Monday Night Football, and against the Steelers in the playoffs against Andy Dalton's ability to perform in those same pressure situations....... And call them about the same. Which, to me says 2 things...

1: Around the QB and on D the Bengals are supremely talented all over the field. Enough so to keep every game close.
2: That AJ McCarron's 1st 4 starts have him as far along as AD looked by his 4th complete season - and with an incredibly similar skill set, frankly.

^ I will bet on those two things and trade AD for a high draft pick or two, and use AD's money to sign an impact FA or two now while letting McCarron develop into as good or better than Dalton. He's similar, and that's what the number have shown.

To the brain dead, mouth breathing homers pointing at McCarron's fumbles in the playoffs... Cute how you brush aside and excuse Dalton's 1 TD to 9 turnover ratio (I didn't even bother adding in fumbles not lost because that would be rubbing your face in it) in his 4 playoff games, but bang a drum over a guy's 4th career start and his 1 INT & 1 lost fumble.... Even though the game was WON until a player NOT the QB coughed it up. McCarron played CLUTCH when he needed to while your boy Dalton poops his pants in those situations 9 times out of 10. He literally stinks up the place. And, you're fine with it. Why? Because you're scared of change? Because you own a jersey or he said hi to your kid at training camp?  Smirk

Sorry, but when I saw AJ McCarron play the Broncos on the road on Monday night football and compared that to AD filling his pants at home on Monday night football against the Texans it sold me. If Dalton doesn't fold like a lawn chair that game the Bengals would have ended up the #1 seed in the AFC with a bye. Instead, he had a passer rating of 61 and threw an INT while putting up an embarrassing 6 points.... at home.

To the guy saying AD hasn't had a chance in the payoffs in the 3rd quarter.... You must have just become a fan in 2014. Because in 2013 AD had the lead going into the 3rd and then turned it over 3 straight possessions to lose the game.

You homers with AD's nuts on your chin need to rinse and floss after you wake up. He had a great 8 game run and then the clock struck midnight and he turned back into a pumpkin.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it time to move on from Dalton - PDub80 - 03-20-2016, 02:56 PM