Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary wants to unemploy hard working Americans
(03-20-2016, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You mean like Natural Gas?

WTS, regardless if there is a discovery made tomorrow that everything in the world can run on sea water. You have to be a special kind of disconnected to say you are going to but a segment of the country out of work. 

Meh, people lose jobs all the time when the industry peters out.  I knew and older guy who was scanning tickets for a baseball team because he ran a printing press for decades and suddenly people didn't want printed media on a regular basis.  I am one of the few people I know who actually purchases and employs media of a tangible nature.  I still buy LPs and CDs and books and most people I know just don't see that as remotely relevant.  It comes down to the notion that many people not only prefer to get their music/media via the internet, but that people simply don't see WHY anyone would still buy stuff that takes up room and/or has a monetary cost.

But I recall when manufacturing jobs were being sent to Mexico and China the response from many was "Well, you shouldn't rely on a job someone with no skill can do" or there was the notion that manufacturing was being outsourced to 3rd world countries and only a fool would expect an American to be able to make a living doing such a thing.

There was a time when my ol' man worked in a Pittsburgh-area factory and he was the sole income earner for a middle-ish class family, but those days are long gone.  I can sit here and complain that our demographic and lifestyle was phased out, but I want my cheap electronics and cars all the same, so what's the point?  Hell, I'm more surprised that mining and burning coal is still as relevant as it is in this day and age; it just seems so archaic as both a job and a fuel source.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary wants to unemploy hard working Americans - Nately120 - 03-20-2016, 03:50 PM