Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along
(03-20-2016, 02:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, Trump said he could shoot someone in Manhattan and still be supported.  We all know Manhattan is full of liberal d-bags that Trump's supporters don't care about...er, unless it's about 9/11 in which case that blue state is solid gold USA.  If Trump said:

I could shoot a woman
I could shoot a child
I could shoot a police officer
I could shoot a US veteran
I could shoot a dog
I could rape someone
I could flash children

or so on, people wouldn't have been as sympathetic.  Face it, the concept of a man being shot isn't all that offensive to people.  I assure you if Trump said he could shoot a dog and implied that people still would like him that people would have actually lost their minds.  I'm only half-joking on this...wacky stuff.

This sort of makes me wonder if you asked people on the street "Would you shoot a man?" versus shoot a dog, or woman, etc. how the responses would differ.  Maybe the phrase "shoot a man" is just so generic it is accepted as being pretty simple in response.

The statement was also made as an obvious, tongue in cheek, exaggeration while he was talking about how loyal his voters are.  It's like his baiting the hook with restricting the media and relaxing libel laws.  People like Fred can't wait to swallow the hook whole.  It's partially why I find all of this so amusing.  trump is trolling the hell out of so many people and the vast majority don't seem to get it at all.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/donald-trump-shoot-somebody-support/

That anyone could watch that and draw Fred's conclusion saddens me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-20-2016, 04:38 PM