Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Accusations of a Hate Crime
(03-20-2016, 08:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Maybe the author of the story is saying that because of this one woman/girl lied about being assaulted, there are many more out there who claim that they are being targeted as well even though they aren't which in turn stirs the Left up about Islamaphobia.

But we all know that the Left needs no such claims because the Left will scream "ISLAMAPHOBIA!!!" if someone...anyone says "Maybe we should check those out coming from the Middle East before letting them into our country."

Or they scream "RACISM!!!" if someone says that "Those here illegally should be sent back home to their own countries and get in line like everyone else."

It is bullshit like this that makes political discussions so difficult around here.  These are just strawmen arguments.  I am as liberal as anyone here and I know lots of other people on the left.  neither one of those comments is true at all.

There is no liberal I know who ever said we should not "check out" immigrants form Syria.  That is a lie from the right wing echo chamber.  The fact is that the UNited States "checks out" every single immigrant we allow into this country, and no liberal objects to this.  It is sad that so many people on the right do not even know this fact.

And the "RACISM" claim is even more specious.  The proof in this is that liberals know that there are many illegals here that are white.  Only people in the right-wing echo chamber believe that every single illegal immigrant here is of a different race.

Messages In This Thread
RE: False Accusations of a Hate Crime - fredtoast - 03-20-2016, 08:50 PM