Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along
(03-20-2016, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: i 100% understand exactly what he is doing.  He is playing to the rubes.

I have hinted that Trump is stupid, but I don't actually believe that.  I agree with you that he is a brilliant marketer.  He knows exactly how to dupe all the rubes into following him.

What shocks me is the people who claim they know what he is doing, but still support him.  Why would anyone willingly fall for this dog and pony show?

"I know he is lying.  I know he is trolling.  I know his whole act is a dog and pony show.  .  .  .  .  and that is why i support him."

Disaffected and anxious does not equal rubes.  Here, again, is where you go off the rails.  By labeling these people "rubes" you discount their legitimate concerns and invalidate their grievances.  It's ugly stereotyping that wouldn't be remotely tolerated if you replaced the term rubes with many other pejoratives.    I'd, quite easily, argue that most of his supporters simply appreciate the fact that he acknowledges their concerns and isn't more obsessed with keeping the party elite in power than addressing their grievances.  He may be a policy neophyte, he may be intentionally inflammatory, but to many he actually says what many think and never speak.  Doubt his sincerity, that I can understand, but doubting why so many find his candidacy appealing is disingenuous or foolish.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The right’s shocking admission: Dems have been right about Republicans all along - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-20-2016, 09:00 PM