Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary wants to unemploy hard working Americans
(03-21-2016, 02:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall outsourcing being a big talking point around 2004 or so and it seemed like the right-wing's response to that sort of job loss was:

1.  Americans didn't want to do those jobs, anyways
2.  Americans are so entitled that they cost too much to pay to do those jobs
3.  Unions wrecked it
4.  If you lost your job you should just get educated enough to get a job that won't be governmentally or technologically eliminated

SO if the coal industry loses jobs I guess we can take a play from the right-wing playbook and say that no American really WANTED to mine coal, the insurance and safety measures were too expensive to make the industry profitable, the coal miners union was too powerful and corrupt (I heard most union coal miners just slept on the job and didn't do anything, anyways), and the loss of coal mining jobs just opens the door for current and future miners to get an education and get better jobs that help the USA even more.

See?  Job loss isn't so bad.

Bingo.  If the owner makes a cost cutting move or sends his business out of the country or to a "tax friendly" state that is seen as good old American exceptionalism.  Workers can move.  They should have been better educated to begin with.  Too bad for them.

But if they can blame that big old bad government for requiring they not poison the air and water as the REASON they cut costs, send his business out of the country or to a "tax friendly" state then some people get in a huge uproar about "killing jobs".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillary wants to unemploy hard working Americans - GMDino - 03-21-2016, 07:00 AM