Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ryan Shazier’s hit in playoffs will now be a penalty
(03-22-2016, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Odd. Mike Carey said (during the game) that there was no flag because Gio turned and became a runner.

Blandino's explanation mentioned nothing of the sort and focused instead on "angles" and whether or not Shazier "lined up" Gio.

Shouldn't two high ranking and respected officials (one former) be able to agree on why such an egregious hit wasn't flagged?

Mike Carey is an idiot.  Whenever they ask his opinion, I assume the opposite will be true.

Nowhere in the rule did it state the "angles" part of Blandino's explanation.   Here's Blandino explaining the rule in 2013 - 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000247653/article/nfls-dean-blandino-reviews-new-crownofthehelmet-rule

I've watched it a couple of times and I still can't tell if the explanation from 2013 is consistent or contradictory from what he gave after Shazier's hit.  Perhaps it is my Bengals-colored glasses, but I still think it was a complete CYA explanation by Blandino.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ryan Shazier’s hit in playoffs will now be a penalty - RiverRat13 - 03-22-2016, 03:29 PM