Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enough is Enough': Sanders Demands Treasury Block Pfizer Tax Dodging Deal
(03-22-2016, 05:20 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, yes, and so what?

That applies to the company's protection of the patent in the U.S. It doesn't have anything to do outside, those require patents filed in those countries. It relies on cooperative agreements between the patent office and those countries through WIPO. As a foreign company with a US patent isn't a US company, none of the U.S. offices dealing with IPs, patents or copyrights are going to open those channels and help out a foreign company.

And it shouldn't be bluster. If everyone is allowed to defer their taxes and never pay them, it all stops. There are zero dollars coming in to operate the government, pave roads, have a military, etc. Keep trying to spin that into everyone else being clueless, but if — as a business owner — the government lets me not pay taxes for years, and I take that money and go to another country, then the government has no money to operate off of. As I said earlier, deferring gains to offset losses is one thing. Never paying taxes owed is not that.

So is what we are talking about past taxes that have been deferred and now they will claim they won't have to pay them?  This doesn't have to do with future taxes?  Just off the top of my head I would say you shouldn't be able to get out of taxes you already owe.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enough is Enough': Sanders Demands Treasury Block Pfizer Tax Dodging Deal - michaelsean - 03-22-2016, 05:24 PM