Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn lanes/the idea of remaining one car length back
(03-17-2016, 11:05 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Even if that's the case, it still isn't enough room to clear you from responsibility in a chain reaction accident. If you (driver B) are responsible for hitting the car in front of you (driver C) because the car behind you (driver A) rear ended you, then wouldn't it make sense that the roads accommodate the 'laws'?

As it stands, many turn lanes allow for possibly 3 or 4 cars. Most less than that. How can I be held responsible when I'm expected to cram my car between 6 others and there's only room for two?

That's what I always thought, but it doesn't seem to be the case in Ohio.  i was driving, and traffic suddenly came to a halt.  I slammed on the brakes, and stopped short of the car in front of me.  The car behind me hit me and knocked me into the car in front of me.  He ended up being responsible for both cars. 

But if I may vent, I am tired of all the turn lanes where you can only turn on an arrow.  I can see half a mile down the road, and nobody is coming and I'm sitting there like a moron.  I understand there are some areas where visibility is limited and the arrow only is necessary, but it's getting ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turn lanes/the idea of remaining one car length back - michaelsean - 03-23-2016, 09:20 AM