Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun?
Recently here where I live an 11 year old boy took his father's shotgun and killed an 8 year old neighbor.  This started a move to pass a law holding gun owners responsible for not securing their guns and keeping them out of the reach of children.  The law only included loaded guns (or guns and ammo together), and as little as a trigger lock was all that was required to satisfy the law.  To me this seemed logical and I felt all responsible gun owners would agree.  However since the NRA opposed it the State House Committee rejected it and it was not even close.  The vote was 2-7 with 2 democrats voting in favor and all 7 republicans (with NRA nuts on their chins) voting against it.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/politics/house-committee-kills-makaylas-law-2ea4f252-b738-7228-e053-0100007f36b4-373082741.html

I own a gun.  I am not against gun ownership.  But the NRA are a bunch of evil bastards.  How the hell can they be AGAINST punishing people who allow kids to have access to loaded weapons?

Messages In This Thread
laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun? - fredtoast - 03-23-2016, 06:26 PM