Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun?
(03-24-2016, 04:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There may also be cases where a 12 year old can drive a car, but we don't let parents decide.  There may be 12 year olds mature enough to decide to get married, but we don't let the parents decide. but we Again we learned that parents need to I am sorry if you feel it is safe to leave your 12 year old alone at home with a loaded gun, but I disagree.  

I have a 12 year old daughter who is very smart, but she still makes decisions like a 12 year old at times.  I don't want her too have a gun.

In the case that inspired this law an 11 year old boy got a loaded shotgun from an unlocked closet and killed an 8 year old neighbor over a puppy.

You can't just say "Everything is okay until something goes wrong then we will punish people."  That is like saying it is okay to drive 100 mph through a residential neighborhood as long as you don't have a wreck.

..and alcohol plays a role in 40% of violent crime. Should we look to outlaw drinking?

Good for you that you do not want your daughter to have a gun. But do you really want the government telling you, she cannot if properly trained. What about if you are an outdoors man and want to introduce her to hunting?

As I said at the beginning this is where Liberals and Conservatives actually swap sides.

Do you want the government telling you what you can do in the privacy of your own home?

Do you want the Goverment telling you you must lock your doors and windows?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun? - bfine32 - 03-24-2016, 04:52 PM