Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun?
(03-26-2016, 10:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: It would be hypocrisy...not irony.  And then only if w knew that anti-gun people felt education was indoctrination.  Which really seems to be something the right feels happens more than it really does.

Not really into a semantic argument, suffice to say it could be both depending on the phrasing of the argument.  Also am I, "the right" now?

Quote:And I suppose if you mean the extreme people who truly think we can have a nation without guns then you could be right.

That argument is not confined to extreme people.  one need only read Huffington Post for a week to get several examples.  Remember the pants crapping reaction to the new Iowa gun law?  All the law stated was that it was legal for children to shoot a handgun under proper adult supervision.  The reaction from The Daily Show (a sad shell of its former self) on down was that Iowa wanted kids to have handguns!  Knowing how to properly handle, and discharge, a firearm is the best preventative measure a person could take.  Yet, the reaction you got, which was widespread would seem to indicate many feel otherwise.

Quote:I would discount those people along with people who feel there should be zero restrictions on guns and gun ownership.

I would like to discount them as well.  Unfortunately, they exist and we have to deal with them.  Extreme views are also often the loudest and our knee jerk political system likes to cater to the whims of the boisterous, especially after a tragic event.

Messages In This Thread
RE: laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-26-2016, 12:41 PM