Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court once confirmed: We are a Christian nation
(03-28-2016, 06:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess it supports that the Supreme Court once said we were...even though they really kinda said are laws are based on it even though we can't say it is the official religion of the US.

I'm just surprised this is the first I've seen of it given the huge arguments about it over the recent years.

See, I see no problems with this because the separation of Church and State should just mean that religion can't be forced on people and that they shouldn't be forced into a denomination, but the fundamentals that this country is based upon are Christian fundamentals, as noted by our founding fathers:

Quote:Those discussions—recorded in the Congressional Records from June 7 through September 25 of 1789—make clear their intent for the First Amendment. By it, the Founders were saying: "We do not want in America what we had in Great Britain: we don’t want one denomination running the nation. We will not all be Catholics, or Anglicans, or any other single denomination. We do want God’s principles, but we don’t want one denomination running the nation."

This intent was well understood, as evidenced by court rulings after the First Amendment. For example, a 1799 court declared:

"By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion; and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed on the same equal footing."

Again, note the emphasis: "We do want Christian principles—we do want God’s principles—but we don’t want one denomination to run the nation."

Most people are clueless to that fact and use the founding fathers' separation of Church and State to be anarchists.

I agree that no one should be forced to go to Church or worship in any way, but to argue that God wasn't the basis for morality in this country is ignorant and people need to do their homework.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court once confirmed: We are a Christian nation - BFritz21 - 03-28-2016, 10:54 PM