Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court once confirmed: We are a Christian nation
(04-01-2016, 12:30 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The Vatican and the Tibetan Government (which is in exile). The two remaining theocracies. Iran is a hybrid. Then there are a number of states with an official state religion (which there are debates as to whether that really makes it a theocracy).

Saudi Arabia would not be a theocracy in the narrow sense as they are a monarchy. If we were to say that their inclusion of Sharia into their laws made them a theocracy than we would have to say that any attempts to inject Mosaic laws/influence into our laws would make us one.

If? Right now Saudi Arabia is making homosexuality punishable by death because the Koran says so. Any attempt to inject a couple of Mosaic laws into our laws would hardly make us a theocracy lol.  Its all or nothing that makes a theocracy.

I wasn't trying to debate the forms of government. I understand Saudi is a monarchy living in the Kingdom and working at King Fahd hospital for over a year.

Whether a monarchy, democracy, aristocracy ..my point with theocracy is that this monarchy rules according to the laws of Islam...I suppose you can call it a theocratic monarchy.
A Theocracy is not included here as a form of government anyway.
http://depts.alverno.edu/dgp/GEC/Types%20of%20Government.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court once confirmed: We are a Christian nation - Vlad - 04-01-2016, 01:40 PM