Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supreme Court once confirmed: We are a Christian nation
(04-01-2016, 01:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: If? Right now Saudi Arabia is making homosexuality punishable by death because the Koran says so. Any attempt to inject a couple of Mosaic laws into our laws would hardly make us a theocracy lol.  Its all or nothing that makes a theocracy.

I'm not understanding this response. I think your questioning of my use of "if" is based on an incorrect inference. Furthermore, if it is all or nothing that makes a theocracy then Saudi Arabia is not a theocracy. They don't follow Sharia to its fullest and Sharia laws are not their only laws.

(04-01-2016, 01:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: I wasn't trying to debate the forms of government. I understand Saudi is a monarchy living in the Kingdom and working at King Fahd hospital for over a year.

Then why try to call it a theocracy?

(04-01-2016, 01:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: Whether a monarchy, democracy, aristocracy ..my point with theocracy is that this monarchy rules according to the laws of Islam...I suppose you can call it a theocratic monarchy.
A Theocracy is not included here as a form of government anyway.
http://depts.alverno.edu/dgp/GEC/Types%20of%20Government.html

It is an absolute monarchy, though I could see it being considered a hybrid like Iran, to an extent. The difference being that in Saudi Arabia, the royal family has the final say on anything, and nor the Ulema.

As for your list, that list is lacking quite a few forms of government.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Supreme Court once confirmed: We are a Christian nation - Belsnickel - 04-01-2016, 01:55 PM