Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal
(04-02-2016, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: In this example "Me" still refuses to acknowledge that the Bengals don't use more high draft picks on projects than any other team in the league.

This is why I am so persistent.  People just don't get it.  I don't say anything when people criticize the Bengals for legit reason, but when they don't look at what other teams do and just say that "if the Bengals did it it must be wrong" I will correct them.

And I will also come back strong on people who claim that if the Bengals don't do what they want then the only explanation is that the Bengals "don't want to win" or that fans who support the Bengals are "satisfied with mediocrity".

I don't just blindly support everything the bengals do.  In fact I criticize them myself.  But I will defend them against people who don't know what other teams do, or who claim they are not trying to win.

I wasn't comparing the Bengals to the rest of the league and I wasn't saying the Bengals are always wrong. I think the Hunt pick was a bad pick. I said using the highest picks for projects seems too early to me. The Bengals draft well, but not so much on their recent few years when taking early project guys. Again, not bashing the team or whining or anything of the sort. I would rather them take their projects later in the draft.

(04-02-2016, 11:26 AM)Junglejuice Wrote: Hunt has another year to get something out of him.

But as for projects...... I have no problem with the team swinging for the fences here and there with how deep our Football team is built for years to come.

I laugh when people act like 2-3 rounders will and should be starters..... The numbers of guys who turn out in reality say otherwise.
The Bengals at this point are pretty much drafting BPA or for the future in general.   Some fans cant wrap their heads around the fact that the good
teams don't draft guys to start their rookie years.

So swing away FO.

I trust you.
You have earned it.

No one has said that every 2nd or 3rd rounder becomes a starter or even quality player. That is the hope and expectation when drafting someone that early though. Drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round that you're hoping to make productive in year 3 seems way too early to me. We all know that football is a war of attrition. There may be an injury that may mean that project needs to play sooner than hoped/expected. Again, not saying that the team is bad at drafting overall, but their projects are very slow to pay dividends if they ever do at all. Why is it so bad to draft a more polished player, a player considered to be more NFL ready in the first couple rounds? If you miss on either, you just missed. On the surface, at least the non-project player looks like he should be able to contribute in a pinch.

I don't understand how what I'm saying is so hard to get. I'm not saying the Bengals miss more than other teams. I'm not saying the Bengals are worse than other teams. I'm not saying that the Bengals are doing everything wrong. What I am saying is that the team I watch, my favorite team, the team that I have rooted for my entire life is the team that I pay the most attention to and would like them to wait just a little bit longer on drafting project players. Whoever you draft in the 2nd or 3rd might be the next Moch, Simpson, or Hunt any way. So why not go after the guy that looks the part now instead of someone you hope you can turn into a good player years down the road. Take that guy in the 4th or later.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moritz Boehringer = Future Bengal - muskiesfan - 04-02-2016, 12:56 PM