Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why the Bengals will miss the postseason
(04-03-2016, 11:14 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I know what you're thinking...just hear me out.

The AFC West is going to be RAW next year.

Oakland on the rise.

Wisenhunt returning to his old job + Travis Benjamin=a better performing Phillip Rivers. Once San Diego gets their defense back from injuries, they'll improve from last year by a large margin.

Chiefs and Broncos just have to keep doing them.

I anticipate at least one of these teams snagging a wild card berth. If not them, we'll see a surgeing team in the AFC South take it.

If one of the teams from either division surge and do as well as expected (I'm calling the Jags as the most likely) they could very take a wild card berth.

I predict that the Bengals get short-handed in the division race due to the Ravens' resurgence and the Steelers just doing what they've always done. An Afc West or South team could be the nail in the coffin that has us looking from the outside in for the first time in half a decade.

Thoughts?

What does the West have to do with anything? The Bengals are playing the AFC and NFC East. Oakland is on the rise. San Diego has potential to be a decent offense, but that defense scares no one. Broncos aren't going to be as good, already calling it.

Steelers are getting too hyped, honestly. That defense is terrible and one thing no one talks about is after the BYE week, the Steelers played against 6 backup QBs in a row. They were 6-5 before that time period. That offense is scary, but that pass defense is still struggling and I don't see how they've improved at all.

Ravens aren't a good team. They weren't last year before injuries. Close games are close games. But they haven't done much to improve thus far.

I don't see a single team the Bengals can't beat. They've gone toe to toe with the Steelers even with a backup QB. Almost beat the Broncos with a backup QB. NFC East isn't tough at all. Patriots and Steelers give the most trouble.

They only play 4 teams that made it to the playoffs from last year.

Honestly, outside of receiver, the Bengals didn't get worse. Sure, they didn't necessarily get better, but they were a great team last year. A strong draft and players in their prime will help this team continue to get better.

I like the Jaguars and think they make the playoffs. But they'll probably have to go into Cincinnati since I see them as winning the division.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Bengals will miss the postseason - wolfkaosaun - 04-04-2016, 12:09 AM