Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-04-2016, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: Never?  Ever?

Congrats...you found a four leaf clover at the end of a rainbow over a unicorn.

I've had priests telling the congregation which party to vote for if they were "true" Christians.  And that's mild.

All I can tell you is our Dioceses makes the local parishes borrow money from them, and pay it back with interest, to do repairs and improvements.  Even if the parish is in the black.  I sat on the church board when it happened.  Part of the reason I do not sit on the church board anymore.

And this is in one of the poorest areas of SW PA.

I also sit on the school board for our local catholic elementary school.  They clear a profit every year.  It is not huge, but it is a profit.  It would be slightly bigger but the dioceses bills them for "services" that it provides.

That's what it is listed as "services".  

Here is their report.  Please not they do not call it a "profit".

http://www.dioceseofgreensburg.org/about/Pages/annualreport.aspx

One of their big schemes is they have a special pledge drive and if your parish can reach the goal set by the diocese then the church gets to keep the amount collected over and above the goal.

Seriously.

As to Catholic school I must be missing your point as we had out two in them while we were also paying school taxes.  Not that I complained, but what difference would it make if more kids went to public school when politicians are already salivating to cut funds and close schools?

I have to chuckle at this, as I have two cousins (once removed) that go to Geibel. They aren't Catholic, but they go because they have been given vouchers because the Connellsville schools lost accreditation or something and so the public school system had to over them. So seeing something about that diocese pop up it just rather coincidental.

The sad part about this is that even with the help of the vouchers it is still ridiculously expensive for my cousin's family and they are dirt freakin' poor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - Belsnickel - 04-04-2016, 12:08 PM