Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-04-2016, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You may have a hard time with it, but that's exactly what I am saying. I cannot waer my hair in any fashion I want, I cannot dye my hair any unnatural color, I cannot grow any facial hair other than a Hitler moustache, I can't smoke dope if I am in Colorado, I cannot participate in anti-war rallies, I cannot burn the flag, I cannot publically criticize my Chain of Command , i cannot wear a cross, crucifix, or Star of David around my neck exposed and the list goes on.

It is called uniformed services for a reason.

I also have a problem with any restrictions on those, if those restrictions would result in anything that would be considered criminal. However, if they only result in verbal/written reprimand or a reduction in pay/grade or discharge, then I have no issue. Any employer can legally do the same to their employee and it is not a forfeit of any rights, same for all the rest of the things listed.

However, reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs are mandated by law for every employer. So I do not see that the military should be any different.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - Belsnickel - 04-04-2016, 04:42 PM