Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No Fred claimed that I said or implied that I send my kids to Catholic school to save the tax payer's money. 

The diocese runs the schools as in oversees them, but they are still connected to the individual church.  The church, at least here, covers a big chunk of running the school.  Tuition is based on what is needed after the church contributes.   

OK, I misunderstood that part of the discussion then.

In our area, when I went to Catholic school, each parish contributed based on the number of students that went to the school.  We had our OWN grade school, but they contributed to the high school based on the number of students.

That changed before MY kids went.  Then it became the diocese ran the schools and each parish in the diocese made a flat contribution to the central control.  From that came the bean counters who started closing the grade schools and busing kids further and further which caused a further drop in attendance throughout the counties.

Meanwhile the two high schools got treated completely differently.  The one closer to the center of the diocese got flush with funding to build and attract students.  The other was told to increase enrollment or they would shut it down and ship everyone another 40 minutes to the central one.

It is a huge joke.

I can't think of one church ran grade school in the diocese at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - GMDino - 04-05-2016, 10:21 AM