Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 03:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And what of those items I put in bold earlier are disobeying orders that would result in lost lives? I can see an argument made for publicly critiquing the command if you draw out several "if this, then that" scenarios. But I see none otherwise.

Why? If the regulations stipulate that the accommodations must not effect military readiness and that they must not interfere with helmet or gas mask use, what other concerns would you have with the uniform issue?

The environment of strict punishment must be present throughout the entire spectrum; it is a mentality that must be ingrained. Discipline is key and that goes all the way down to uniform standards. There is a Regulation that governs wear of the uniform and these strict guidlines must be followed or a breakdown in discipline can occur. Today it's wear your headgear of choice, tomorrow it's bring your own weapon.

Perhaps this Soldier's modified appearance does not effect readiness, but what if the Mormon advocates to wear white shirt, black pants, and black tie? Readiness is not effected
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - bfine32 - 04-05-2016, 04:03 PM