Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun?
(04-05-2016, 03:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total fail.

You have just strung together a lot of wild guesses and faulty stats (the Gallup poll you linked showed that only 34% of adults own a weapon not 47%)

You seriously got through law school?  From the link verbatim;

Quote:Forty-seven percent of American adults currently report that they have a gun in their home or elsewhere on their property. 

Quote:to show that only .5% of gun owners commit a crime IN ANY GIVEN SINGLE YEAR.  The problem is that the exact same people do not commit crimes every single year.

Actually, to a large extent they absolutely do.  As a defense attorney you should be well aware that the majority of criminal activity is perpetrated by a low percentage of the criminal population.  

Quote:So if you assume that most of these gun owners owned their guns for 10 years then you have to multiply the number of crimes by 10.  Since you were originally wrong by 500% that would mean over just 10 years you would be wrong by 5,000%.

Statistics fail.  Again, at this point I seriously have to question how you got through under graduate school much less law school.

Quote:But that is just all wild speculation.  Instead of just making up stuff like you have done I will try to find the actual numbers.

Make sure you know how to read them.  I was waiting to point this out, since you weren't perceptive enough to do it yourself I will now do so.  What percentage of gun related crime is committed by juveniles who would not count against the number of adults legally owning a firearm?  Face it counselor, every single piece of statistical evidence works in my favor.

Messages In This Thread
RE: laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-05-2016, 04:13 PM