Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 04:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: None of these "ant-beard" arguments hold any water because the military has already made exceptions and allowed other military personnel to wear beards for medical reasons.

If it was as dangerous as some pof you are claiming then the military would have discharged all of these other guys who wanted to wear beards instead of allowing them to remain in the military.

To my knowledge this isn't like they are allowed to grow full fledge beards. They just get a pass on shaving every day because they get razor bumps too bad and risk infection. That was the medical reasoning. They were allowed to have some stubble.

When I was deployed we had some HET (human intelligence exploitation team) guys with us with full beards. But they were intel. And part of their job was blending in and hiding their identity.

The way my beard grows there is no way I would want to trust a gas mask sealing on my face if I had a beard.

That doesn't change the fact it is what your employer tells you that you have to wear. When you sign your life away you have to listen or risk punishment. Its not like a normal job were you can just quit.

Who gets to rule what religions get recognition. How many crazy people every year claim they are God? What if somebody decides they are the real God and become a follower. And that God requires all the followers to wear only thongs and bubble coats. We are not putting anybody in danger. Why can I not serve in my thong and bubble coat?

Its just dumb. Rules are rules. If he couldn't live with not growing a beard and wearing a turban he should have got a failure to adapt and got kicked out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - NATI BENGALS - 04-05-2016, 05:00 PM