Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun?
(04-05-2016, 04:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You know how I got through law school?

I learned the difference between the term "homes" and "individuals".

Hilarious Hilarious

Or do you really believe there are 320 million "homes" in the United States?

Do most adults live on their own or as a couple?  A married couple with a gun in the home is two gun owners, I could care less which person the gun is registered to.  I allowed for the percentage of "adults" living at home by rounding down in your favor in every single instance.  Do I believe there are 320 million "homes" the US, no.  Do I believe there are around 100 million, which is the number I used, yes.  The number is actually closer to 116 million per the US census bureau.  As there are 2.6 people per household multiplying that number by two adults comes very close to giving you the adult population.  Again, I accounted for variances in this by rounding down in your favor in every instance.  so this doesn't change my numbers at all.

(04-05-2016, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am well aware of the high recidivism rate among criminals, but there is a serious flaw in your logic when it comes to serious violent crimes like murder, robbery, aggravated rape, aggravated assault, etc committed with a gun.  Those people do a considerable amount of time in jail so it is impossible for them to be the same ones committing those same crimes every year.

They do when they get caught.  As we both know the clearance rate for reported crimes is not exceptionally high.  We also both know that for every crime a recidivist is caught for they almost certainly committed several more that go unsolved.  The general consensus that the vast majority of crime is committed by a small percentage of the criminal population is not in dispute within the criminal justice system.  That point alone points to the validity of my point, much less all the other factual examples cited.

Messages In This Thread
RE: laws holding gun owners responsible for letting child get loaded gun? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-05-2016, 05:05 PM