Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 04:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Your Mormon situation is irrelevant as that is not a requirement of their faith.

I guess I am just failing to see how someone being allowed to wear a beard when there have been, according to the article at the start, 100k exceptions for medical reasons alone already and a turban that we have seen can be worn in the same pattern as the uniform and I have seen in other articles can be made small enough to fit under a cap and/or helmet is going to cause any real breakdown in uniformity.

Sorry to tell you, but the government is an employer, military included. They should be held to the same standards as every other employer. I don't give the government leeway in breaking their own laws. As for jobs that may put you in harms way, there are plenty of them out there. There are many jobs that require the type of cohesiveness that exists in the military in order for them to perform their jobs safely and effectively. They must all make those reasonable accommodations.

What other job requires you to sign your body over as property of the government and can throw you in jail for quitting?

The military is much different than every other job and should be so. Not mad at you but hearing a civilian saying this type of stuff just gets my blood boiling.

Individuality and the military do not mix.

It is a whole different world. And trying to wuss it down to civilian standards is degrading its capabilities. Its not supposed to be nice, its not supposed to be accepting. Its supposed to be a killing machine that fights against the most despicable enemies on the planet.

AH people trying to bring political correctness to the military pisses me off like no other.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - NATI BENGALS - 04-05-2016, 05:23 PM