Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 09:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The people I know in the service currently have not had any problem with this, including three officers that knew Singh at the USMA and one who graduated the year before Singh arrived. I know of only one person currently in the military that is against this, but he referred to Singh as a "sand ******," so it is what it is. Everyone has opinions on this sort of thing.

Like I said, not just this issue, but the other things you had problems with. While it seems odd that the people who fight to defend our rights surrender some of theirs, guys here who have done so say it is essential.

As to this issue, I don't have the experience to draw a conclusion on something this specific, nor do I have the experience to understand if it could has the potential for unintended consequences.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - michaelsean - 04-05-2016, 10:28 PM