Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I said, not just this issue, but the other things you had problems with.  While it seems odd that the people who fight to defend our rights surrender some of theirs, guys here who have done so say it is essential.

As to this issue, I don't have the experience to draw a conclusion on something this specific, nor do I have the experience to understand if it could has the potential for unintended consequences.

I don't believe I have flat out said I am opposed to the exemption (usual suspects furiously scour posts looking for something that may indicate otherwise(; I have merely pointed out some concerns with it. It appears the Army shares these concerns as they have mandated the situation be closely monitored. Like Matt's friend, there are those in the Military that are in need of sensitivity training. That coupled with the chance that this could be the start of a avalanche  of exemption requests makes me apprehensive, But as I said in one of my early posts (before it turned into a thread about Catholic School) I am not a decision maker in these matters.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - bfine32 - 04-05-2016, 10:43 PM