Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-05-2016, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good work painting anyone that would have issue with this measure as an ignorant racist; as that can be the only motivation for sharing that "tidbit."

If someone on Active Duty referred to a fellow Soldier in such a derogatory term; especially to you as a civilian, I hope you reported him or her to his or her Chain of Command so appropriate actions can be taken to get someone who harbors such in-bedded racial hate the training they require.

If you embellished or flat out lied you should be ashamed.    

Or the motivation could be expressing that his opinion could be tainted by his attitudes. He has always had this type of view, and he isn't alone in it from my experiences with his weekend warrior brethren before he went on active duty. I don't think everyone against this has the same attitude, but the only person I know currently serving that does has it.

As for reporting, I don't feel it's right. He may be a racist asshole but I'm not going report him to anyone for that even if I felt like looking up to whom he reports.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - Belsnickel - 04-05-2016, 10:44 PM