Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread
I actually think we will be able to score quite a few runs this year.

Votto is one of the best hitters in the league.

Over the 3 year span from '11 to '13 Jay Bruce hit more home runs and had more RBI than any other player in the National League. He may not reach that level again, but if he can learn to hit around that shift just a little better he can be one of the better OFs in the NL.

Zack Cozart is a lot better hitter than many people give him credit for and was having a breakout season when he got hurt last year.

I don't think Mesaraco will hit like he did in '14, but he could still be one of the better hitting catchers in the NL.

Suarez showed a very lively bat last year.

Phillips does not have much power or speed anymore, but he hit for a high average last year.

Duvall could easily hit 30-35 HR this year. the problem is that he will also hit around .200 and strike out 200 times.

Billy Hamilton HAS TO BE better than he was last year. He actually dropped off dramatically from his rookie numbers.

But our pitching is AAA level right now. It would take a miracle to get a decent staff out of all the cast-offs and rookies we have right now. They are going to suck, but I'll be satisfied if they look like they are learning and improving over the course of the season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 Cincinnati Reds season thread - fredtoast - 04-06-2016, 03:09 AM