Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-06-2016, 03:48 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: In an attempt to get this a bit back on topic, most of you know me as a fairly liberal guy (but yes I did serve in the military) and most definitely agree that anyone regardless of religious beliefs, race, or sexual orientation should be able to serve their country without prejudice.  However IMHO the uniform standards are not that difficult to follow.  I just get irritated when people use religion to not follow standards or rules.

Kinda like when I schedule people to work on Sunday and they tell me they can't because of their religious beliefs.  I just look at them like "do you need a job or not?"

I've never understood the grooming standards put forth by different religions other than an arbitrary excuse not to conform to society.  I have a hard time believing that God is going to send you to hell because you shaved your beard or worked on Sunday. But it's a convenient excuse isn't it. Whatever

Anyway just my two pennies.

And here's the thing about working on Sunday. First off, Jesus worked on the Sabbath. And more importantly, the Sabbath was intended as a day of rest for mankind. Thus, many, if not most, theologians believe that as long as you have one day a week that you take and rest from labor and honor God, then you're honoring God's command of keeping the Sabbath.

Just a little help the next time a Christian tries to pull that with you.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - PhilHos - 04-07-2016, 11:42 AM