Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-06-2016, 03:23 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This sounds more like some guys opinion rather than anything credible. Ill take this with a grain of salt.

Its one thing if its coming from Adam Shefter or Chris Mortenson, its another thing if its coming from this guy.

I'd be interested, if I ever ran into Jim at a bar, to get an unvarnished opinion of the bleacher report material. I have never given it any value, because it has never seemed like more than fan fiction... If a Cincinnati beat reporter says it, I give it full regard. They put in the hours, and know more about the team than almost anyone. If it comes from a national source, I give it a strong chance of being true, but I prefer to wait for the local guys to back it up. If it comes from a glorified blog of fans like bleacher report, I don't pay much attention unless it has named sources. The only source I tend to take as gospel is Lap, and that's because he's just too tied in with the front office, coaching staff, and players.

Watching that video, I felt like this dude (who apparently lives in Florida), had no more access to the team than I do. I felt like he had drawn conclusions from readily accessible sources, attributed those conclusions to "sources," and presented a piece that came from inside his ass.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis - gobobro - 04-07-2016, 01:06 PM