Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform
(04-07-2016, 11:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And here's the thing about working on Sunday. First off, Jesus worked on the Sabbath. And more importantly, the Sabbath was intended as a day of rest for mankind. Thus, many, if not most, theologians believe that as long as you have one day a week that you take and rest from labor and honor God, then you're honoring God's command of keeping the Sabbath.

Just a little help the next time a Christian tries to pull that with you.  ThumbsUp

While I do appreciate the theological lesson (and I'm not being sarcastic).  I don't think that these employees are all that religious.  like I said, a convenient excuse.  I readily admit that I don't understand the grooming standards of many religions.

That being said I don't have a problem with people wearing turbans or beards or long hair, etc (many of our special forces do). However I am a traditionalist when it comes to the military uniform.   IMO before you are Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Skih....you are American.  Matt showed a picture of a Army soldier with a camo turban.  Where in this mans religious doctrine says that he must where a turban or not where US Army head gear?  Beyond ridiculous IMO.

l

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sikh U.S. Army captain allowed to wear beard, turban in uniform - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 04-07-2016, 01:43 PM