Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis
(04-07-2016, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am puzzled about why so many of you think Hue and/or Zimmer are better head coaches than Marvin.  Neither one of them have had as much success as Marvin either as a coordinator or a head coach.

He had unbelievable talent when he was a "good coordinator". Come on, Fred. He left the virtual hall of Fame he was coaching in Baltimore and went to the Redskins... stunk it up there for a season - with really strong talent... then came to Cincy where his defenses stunk the next 5 seasons until Zimmer came in. Marvin threw Leslie Frazier under the bus in favor of Chuck Bresnahan when the D was bad and Lewis was getting heat ad being embarrassed by it. The way Leslie Frazier was handled and the nonsense that followed really soured me on Lewis and he hasn't let my expectations down since: He's never failed to fail and always succeeded at passing blame and bristling at criticism being aimed at him.

The Ravens were so stacked on defensive talent back then that it didn't matter who the DC was. Lewis left and they were still ranked high. Nolan leaves, still high. Ryan leaves, still high. Mattison leaves, still high. Pagano leaves and they finally tail off. They had so much talent on Defense that it didn't matter who the DC was there for basically a decade after Lewis left.

FACT: Marvin Lewis coaching career is totally overrated. The only time he was good was when he had supreme talent. And even now, with one of the most talented rosters in the NFL he's managed to Munson it up (for Kingpin fans).

Gruden and Zimmer have less to work with than Mavin by far, but also managed to equal his result. That, to me, = BETTER HEAD COACH.

Fred, you seem so beaten down by Marvin's results you've kind fo become a Mike Brown parrot. You've lowered your expectations to meet Marvin's results.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Ownership Growing Impatient with Marvin Lewis - PDub80 - 04-07-2016, 03:23 PM