Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Excellent Police Work & why body cams work
(04-07-2016, 05:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: Really has nothing to do with the ISP monopolies, the movement of the data is on the ISP but that is a minor issue compared to the storage problem. Data storage and movement is about to be one of the great challenges as we move into a completely digital on demand age. Storage especially as hi def video are very large files and while compression helps you lose some of the resolution, so it can only go so far. It's one of those things that we need more innovation on lossless compression and storage to find a solution.

Completely understand.  Don't think we're far off, commercially speaking, to be able to store data at these astronomical rates.  Wouldn't doubt there are NSA or other gov programs that could already handle this situation.  Like I said earlier, I would rather my tax dollars go to databasing this information rather than the spying on ourselves.  That infrastructure is already there.

I would say the movement of the data is an issue given our current wireless network(s).  Won't get too deep into it, I'm not satisfied with the illusion of competition (performance/capacity/price) between networks, and their current legislative stranglehold allows it.  Seems to me the only competition between these companies is on the marketing and churn front, a cost they end up passing on to the consumers anyway....  /rant
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Excellent Police Work & why body cams work - Vas Deferens - 04-07-2016, 06:31 PM