Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reggie Nelson signs 2 year deal with Raiders
(04-07-2016, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And the only reason we can afford to keep all of those guys is because we don't give $6 million a year to guys like Reggie Nelson.

Listen, i like Reggie as much as anyone, but I also liked Marvin Jones.  Look around at the rest of the good teams in the league.  They all have to make hard decisions about who they pay and who they keep.

Agree, I'm sure that some owners miss the old days of "Plan B", when they could retain limited rights to 37 players.  In those days, teams could pretty much amass a ton of talent, and hold onto it, and create dynasties, like the Steelers of the 70's, Niners of the 80's, and Cowboys of the 90's;  Until full Free Agency came about in 1992, the Salary Cap was introduced in 1994, popular, big revenue generating teams held the league hostage, as far as wins and losses go. 

Not arguing against free agency, or the salary cap, revenue sharing, etc.  Just wanted to offer a little background, on how things came to be the way they are, to the younger fans who might not remember the NFL before unrestricted free agency was a thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reggie Nelson signs 2 year deal with Raiders - SunsetBengal - 04-07-2016, 07:51 PM